Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along.

I had a little bit of time this past week to knit, and started the sleeves for my sweater. I was questioning if I wanted to do the sleeves as 3/4 length, as the pattern calls for, or adjust them to another length. And, I decided that I think I am going to do them as the pattern calls for. It is a very thin sweater, and I can't imagine wearing more than a tank top underneath it anyways. However, I decided to knit down a bit more, try it on, and make my final decision then. I have plenty of yarn to do full length sleeves if I change my mind. And, as I was taking pictures this morning outside, I realized that my sweater is the green of summer. I guess I will be camouflaged when I wear it!

I  am still reading The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert, and although it is much more technical than I had anticipated, I am enjoying it. I have a huge stack of books on my nightstand that I am eager to start, but I decided that I am going to finish this one first.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Right now I am reading Sense & Sensibility and knitting my summer cowl! Hope you are having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a sleeve plan! Glad you caught some time to do some knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can relate to how you are feeling about your book. Sometimes I am reading a book that is a little less interesting or not as fast moving as I would hope and I just have to dig in and will myself to finish it so I can move on. I hope you will do a quick review when you finish it. I am curious about it now, especially since you had said you might assign it as reading for your students. Enjoy your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little pile of knitting. I prefer three quarter sleeves most of the time. I can't wait to see what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete