Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, May 23, 2016

Shifting Spaces

I haven't been on here for almost 3 weeks! I have noticed a slow shift happening over the past year or so... I am finding (making?) less and less time to write on the blog and have been spending more energy posting photos on Instagram.
I think that a lot of it is because I don't have tons to write about as of late. I have been doing lots of processing within my own mind, but much of it is still in the thinking stages, and isn't ready to be released yet.
I am also busier. Much busier. Working twice as much with very little free time, and trying to keep my house in order, be a good mama, and still find time for myself every now and again.
At first it was stressing me out that I wasn't posting on here more..... my blog has been a staple in my life since Finn was little. But then I decided that it is ok that I am not spending much time in this space right now. I am in the process of evolving and I suppose this space is evolving with me.
So, I will be patient with myself. I know I will be back as time allows. And in the meantime you can find me on Instagram: @tarynoakley

And now I will share with you a few pictures from my absolutely amazing weekend the kids and I just had. The three of us spent 2 nights in a yurt on the Oregon Coast, near Florence. The weather was perfect. My kids were happy. They built forts and dug in the sand. I found agates, read and did some knitting. We went on a couple short hike, one to the Hobbit Beach, a trail I have been yearning to hike for ages. And I also finally saw Thor's well-- it's essentially a depression in the bedrock and at high tide the ocean water drains into it. It's pretty neat.














Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a spot to visit, just stunning.

    I think we all move through different seasons when some things will call to us, and some things won't, and that is perfectly okay. I will be here when you post, no pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are in a good season of life and you do what you think helps you keep track of life. I love blogs and I love instagram, I am lucky and fortunate to carve time for both but I am done raising kids and not working!! Love that you popped in and caught us up. You sound happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing weekend at an amazing place! Your pictures are great! I don't write or read blogs near as much as I used to. The one thing that is constant is change. I will follow you on instagram and look for your posts whenever you are here. Glad to hear that things are going well. Enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Taryn! Those photos - what a stunning place. I want to go there. Can I please ask where in the world this is? I have been away from my blog that I love too, just returned. Being busy has certainly impacted, but like you I trust that the space will evolve as I do xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you live in a truly beautiful part of the country. so lucky!

    ReplyDelete