Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Yarn Along


Hello! Happy Wednesday! Joining with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

OK, well my post isn't super exciting this week as I am still reading and knitting the same things from last week.....

I am knitting myself a couple of pillow covers from this pattern. I have made a little progress this week, but I have had some very sore wrists (too much yoga, I think?) and knitting has been making it feel worse. So---- I haven't been knitting much. But don't worry, I am making grand plans in my head of all of the things I want to knit! That doesn't bother my wrists at all!

And yes, I am still reading War and Peace. But I actually had a chance to dig in this past weekend and make some progress. I have a lot of trouble making my way through the war parts..... but the "peace" parts are really the best love story ever told. Now, if I could just stop reading other books in between finishing this book, maybe I could actually finish it! And look below- I think my buddy who came to check out my book is symbolic of the speed at which I am reading....


What are you reading? What are you knitting?

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Ha!! That snail! My husband read that book and it took him years! I always think I will eventually read it, but haven't yet. It is dauntingly huge. Lovely pillow cover, I have added it to my ravelry favorites and maybe someday will turn to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love the snail. Hope those wrists feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty knitting and I'm hoping and praying your wrists get better FAST.

    ReplyDelete