Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Yarn Along


Hello! Happy Wednesday! Thought I would pop in for a quick post here on the blog.... it has been quite a while....... Today I am joining with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

I am knitting myself a second pillow cover from this pattern. I have not been knitting much lately, just not really in the mood. I do have a couple of projects that I am pretty anxious to start, but I am not allowing myself to start anything until I finish this pillow cover. Maybe that will help motivate me.

Right now I am reading You Are A Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero. It was recommended to me by a friend a few months ago, to help ease me through this transitional period in my life. And the book is good! Nothing groundbreaking, but it has been encouraging and inspiring. It's always nice to be reminded that no matter what, I am still a little bit of a badass......



What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed that book :) It was full of little reminders that I needed.

    Hope you are well my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That books looks interesting and maybe I will seek it out! Lovely knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm. You're more than a little badass. You're pretty darn incredible all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we all need to be reminded daily that we are created for purpose no matter what that walk might look like at the time! looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete