Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Blueberries!

Today the kids and I headed to Sauvie's Island with some friends to pick blueberries. The berries were enormous (seriously- they are like grapes!) and super duper delicious. Guess how many Phoebe had in her bucket.... Zero! But, quite a lot went into her belly..... We picked over 9 pounds. I will freeze about half and I think we will gobble the rest up before they go bad.
And, we got to visit a few friends before we headed home....










Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Those are HUGE blueberries. They look so yummy. I eat blueberries every day for breakfast, but mine are usually of the thawed our frozen or freeze dried variety. Have a great family Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberries already! We just picked strawberries last week, and raspberries are next. We won't have blueberries ready for picking until the end of July. Our different growing seasons always amaze me.

    Have the best long weekend. Happy 4th of July to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! We have a couple more weeks until they're ready here. I'm excited for our first blueberry-picking adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is a hoot! lots of fresh air was inhaled during that visit!

    ReplyDelete