Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Yarn Along


Good morning! Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

Although the warm weather hasn't been inspiring me to knit very much, I did manage to cast on and knit a wee bit of this sweater for myself. I would actually love to be able to wear it later in the summer, so I do have a little bit of motivation working in my favor.... Plus, I am just in love with this pattern.

I just started reading The Beet Queen, one of the books from my summer reading list and wow!--- that book surely starts off with a long series of depressing events. There has been some humor in it as well, but I do hope that the story becomes more upbeat..

I have been enjoying spending time on the back porch (which is covered and shady) reading in the evening after the kiddos head to bed. It stays light out so late now, and I love stealing moments to myself outside while there is still light.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. That really is a nice sweater. What a great collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely sweater. And soft color you've chosen to knit it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Idlewood pattern! Hope you get it finished quickly. Just the title of that book sounds interesting. I will look forward to hearing what you think as you read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater is going to look awesome on you. I have been reading outside at night too, it is so peaceful out there at night. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute sweater, I do love Cecily's patterns, I've knit a few myself.
    Oh, a book that start's off depressing? I do hope it picks up.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful yarn and I hope you can wear it soon as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking sweater and it will be perfect in that colour.

    ReplyDelete