Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

We are on a little spring break road trip in Bandon, Oregon, which is on the southern coast. It is gorgeous here. We have only been here for a day and a half but I already have so many pictures to share (and a few good stories too!). That will have to wait another day or so though, as I haven't even had a chance to sort through them.

On the car ride down to Bandon I finished up the body of the new tiny tea leaves I am knitting for Phoebe. I am now working on the sleeves and it seems to be going quick. They are supposed to be 3/4 length, but I think I may knit them full... that way little Miss P can get more use out of the sweater. I think this is the quickest that I will have knit a sweater-- a 4.5 hour car ride certainly helps with that!

I am currently reading Extras, the last book in the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield. It's easy reading, which is perfect for a spring break trip. I brought a small stack of books with so hoping I can sneak away for some reading this week.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?


Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Your beautiful orange yarn pulled me into your blog...! I would love to see Oregon someday. Stopping by to say hello via Yarn Along...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vibrant colour, and I love the little tantalising glimpses of the beach in the pictures. Hope you'll post about your spring break at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely fresh color - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that colour looks lovely on that driftwood. Hope you guys are having a great time.

    Reece and I received a little happy mail from you guys today....thank you!! We will return the mail with some local nature treasures once all the snow is gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. have fun on your spring break and enjoy the beach :) Love the knitting beach photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour! Enjoy your break

    ReplyDelete