Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

It almost looks like there is snow on the ground, but it's just petals from our plum trees. It looks really lovely. Even our car is covered.

I am almost done with the baby sophisticate sweater I am knitting for my husband's assistant at work.  Just a few more wrap and turn rows on the collar strip and we will be good to go. Now to figure out what to knit next.........

The rain has finally returned, so maybe I will feel more of a pull to knit. It has felt like summer, which is typically my knitting off-season.

I am reading bits of  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn here and there and just started reading Inferno by Dan Brown. I was in the mood for a mystery.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Goodness your photo shouts spring...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plum petals!!? How lovely! We don't have a single one yet - sweet waiting :-)
    Love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness does this picture ever make me wish we had some green happening around here. A few more weeks perhaps! :) That's a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am totally jealous of the green grass and flowers! Your knitting looks fabulous! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always easy to get the yarn out in a rainy and cloudy day. ..
    Nice photo!

    Lluisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your "snow" and hopefully in a month we will have the same!

    ReplyDelete