Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

Phoebe's Phoebe's sweater and the mouse and all of her clothes got done in (plenty of) time for Phoebe's birthday. I actually loved knitting the mouse clothes. They were finished so quickly and are so sweet and tiny. Phoebe hasn't worn the sweater yet, or really played with the mouse either, but she has been wrapped up in birthday goodness. I am sure the mouse will have a turn soon.

I am currently knitting up a quick baby sophisticate sweater for my husband's assistant at work.  She is due with a baby boy on the 17th. Baby sweaters are so tiny and quick, and this yarn is amazingly soft. Love.

We are planning a few day long road trip for spring break near the end of March and I am looking forward to browsing ravelry for a project or two to knit while we are on the road. It feels so luxurious to be able to 'browse' knitting projects, and not be frantically trying to finish a project by a certain time. My husband always makes fun of me because I stress myself out by self-imposed deadlines on knitting and sewing projects. It is sort of ridiculous when I really stop and think about it. Oh well. That's how I function I guess.... ;)

In the reading world, I temporarily set aside A Tree Grows in Brooklyn so I can focus on California by Edan Lupecki. It's due back on the library soon, and I want to have a chance to finish it. Honestly, I have only had a few moments to read in the last week, as we have been busy with a very special fourth birthday, but I expect to have more quiet nights in my future.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?




Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Oh those lovely birthday presents - so precious!
    And I really like the yarn you are knitting the baby cardi with - looking forward to seeing it finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mouse is so cute! And the clothes are perfect and such fun :)

    Hope you find a project to take your time on. While I find deadlines great for helping me actually finish things, there's nothing like making something just for the sake of it, rather than because you feel you 'have' to, whether that's self-imposed or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater and the mouse are all wonderful. I am sure she will be enjoying them in no time. I remember the cycle for enjoying gifts when my daughter was that age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous knits my friend, love that mouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh the mouse is adorable and her knits!!! Love her wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mouse and her knits are adorable!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous knits!! you have done a very good job :)

    Lluisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete