Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Gratitudes


This week I have felt grateful for:

* The bounty of blossoms and color that have invaded Portland. We have had unseasonably warm days, with lots of sun, and despite the fact that it is most likely a result of climate change (and therefore freaking me out),  it has been lovely.
* The busy birds that visit our feeder each day and the moments I can find to sit and watch them.
* Running water, electricity, a washing machine. The very basic things we take for granted every day. I think the book that I am reading, California, in which the characters have a lack of the basic amenities, has made me very appreciative of my 'modern' life.
* That my teaching term is almost over, that the days are getting longer, and that we have a spring break road trip coming up!

What have you felt grateful for this week?

Playing along with the other Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots.

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful list!! Spring break road trip...have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good things. .. very important to be grateful fo eveything, even for those little things that we don't even think about it like you say. ..thanks for the reminder!

    Happy week!

    Lluisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. two walks instead of one, spring jacket wearing, birds singing, spring break and phone calls from the kids.

    ReplyDelete