Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring Break Post #1: Tidepooling Bandon


For years I have been wanting to tidepool on the Oregon coast, and for whatever reason I have just never made it happen. So when we decided that we were going to head to the Oregon coast for spring break, one of the first things I researched was the tide charts to see if there would be a good time to tidepool. The morning of our first full day here was our best chance, so I motivated the troops and we headed to Coquille Point, just a couple of miles from where we were staying. And we saw tons of animals! A guide to what we saw can be found here.
We all had a great time, especially Phoebe who loved gently touching the starfish and sea anemones (she is my fearless child). And, I can't wait to head back to the coast this summer for another chance to tidepool.














Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is just amazing!! What a place to visit. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope you guys are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do this one day in my future. Maybe!! Love the photo of your two--so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like a fun way to spend spring break. My husband's aunt lives in OR. and I keep saying we need to go visit, one day ;) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! what an amazing place, really worth it to visit. Enjoy!!

    Lluisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete