Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yarn Along


Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for another yarn along!
I finished up Phoebe's bear cowl last week, and I will have pictures to share soon. It is adorable! I am currently working on a Milo vest for Phoebe... after I had to frog the entire top last Tuesday night, I have basically only made it back to where I was before. However, I think I am procrastinating though, as the next step in the vest is to begin the cables. And, I have never done cables before. It doesn't seem that hard, but now I am afraid of messing up and having to restart this one again. While I have been procrastinating, I have almost finished up another drop-stitch cowl. I love knitting these. Fun and quick!
I am still reading Cutting for Stone and nearing the end (well, sort of.. I have about 200 pages out of 650 to go). It's fantastic. Also picking my way slowly through Dirt, a non-fiction book about soil, and I have been enjoying reading a few pages here or there.
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. i have never cabled before either, but i hear it isn't that hard. lol you could skip the cabling if you want, but it does add such a great thing to the vest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cables is on the list for me to try this year, never done them. I knit up a ton of milos this summer and just left the cable out.

    I chatted with the owner of the yarn store the other day and she said it is super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cables are easy, you can do them! love love love that purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I know cables aren't THAT hard, I can relate to how intimidating they seem. And I hate starting over too. So frustrating.

    Can't wait to see the finished pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done too much cabling but it is fun!! From what I've heard of the milo the beginning is the tough part and the cables breeze along. Have fun with it - and can't wait to see Phoebe's bear cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first cable was on the Milo, too. Love the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the purple yarn color! gonna be so cute! Cant wait to see your cowl!

    ReplyDelete