Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekending (Or, A Little of This, A Little of That)


Happily joining in with Amanda at Habit of Being for another weekending post.

This weekend was a perfect balance... a little of this and a little of that.
Friday night I stayed home.
Ate brownies and ice cream, read some, knitted some,
and had a mini movie marathon

Saturday our ski plans got cancelled
(our car doesn't have 4WD and the roads were snowy).
So, instead, I had some mama time at the gym,
ran some errands with Finn,
and lazed around the house with the family.

Saturday night the hubby and I had a date.
A double date actually,
with some lovely friends of ours.
Dinner, drinks, music.
It was grand.

Sunday night I got to sleep in....
Didn't get out of bed until 7:45!!
Big breakfast,
Family Hike
in which we got caught in the rain...
and discovered some fairie homes,
beaver evidence,
and signs of spring.
Tacos for lunch
and a bowling birthday party to boot.

And now, off to bed, semi-early
to rest up for another week, and
hoping that this sinus infection I have had for 2+ weeks
will soon be gone!

Hope you all had a great weekend!



Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Sending healing vibes, sinus infections are not fun. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prolonged sinus infection sounds horrible. hope going to be early last night helped and you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhh a "Date."
    I've heard of that.
    Isn't that when you go out w/out the kids? Wow. I'll have to try that sometime. ; )
    Feel better sweet mama. Those sinus infections can really hang on. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. brownies, yum! I love double dates with friends, we sometimes cannot stop laughing which is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon! Thanks for the tips re babies first birthday.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What at awesome hike and weekend! Enjoy your week as much as your weekend!

    ReplyDelete