Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The First Yarn Along of 2013


Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for the first Yarn Along of the new year! Now that the Christmas rush is over, I am back to finishing up Phoebe's tea leaves sweater. I must say, it's nice to be knitting without pressure again. I do have quite a few things on my to-knit list (including a few things for me) but I know that there isn't any rush.
I recently started reading Visit Sunny Chernobyl: And Other Adventures in the World's Most Polluted Places. It is sort of a travel-adventure guide for places that are environmental disasters. It is full of information and is very humorous, but also somewhat disturbing in its own way.
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. your yarn is lovely. that is going to be a beautiful sweater. and the book sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to look for that book. I am taking a class on teaching non-fiction and have to read 45 hours of non-fiction. I figure that is about 8-10 books and this one sounds very interesting. Hope the library has it! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see Phoebe in the tea leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay to pressure free non holiday knitting!

    ReplyDelete