Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yarn Along


Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for another yarn along!  I am almost finished with this adorable bear hood for Phoebe. The trim is supposed to all be crocheted, but since I don't know how, I think I am just going to improvise and knit a trim. Should have it to show you next week. The mulberry color that you see was the start of Phoebe's milo vest... except that last night, after I took this picture, I had to frog everything I had done.... so, now I am only about 6 rows in. Oh well. I also have a wee baby hat on the needles as an easy project to take with me on the go.
Still reading Cutting for Stone and I am really enjoying it. I also started a book called Dirt. It is a non-fiction book about soil (one of the things I teach about and actually an interest of mine). It is broken up into 2-3 page chapters, so I think I will be reading this one slowly over time.... a little soil tidbit here and there, or a good book to grab when I only have a few minutes to read.
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I just loathe frogging to the beginning. Good luck on the second try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could easily wing it on the knitted edge, why not? Can't wait to see what you create :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The milo is going to look so great in that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see Phoebe's hood! The pattern looks so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to join the yarn along next week! = )

    Love the colors of the hood and vest. Can't wait to see them finished!

    I'm about to start Cat Eyes by Margaret Atwood. And I'm knitting nothing but baby hats at the moment. haha. I love how fast they go!

    And I knitted the little "knitting basket ornament" this week for a late Christmas ornament exchange. I was soo excited to get to make it and not have to wait until NEXT Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete