Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yarn Along

Another yarn along already? Joining in with Ginny at Small Things again this week.
So, if you remember, I had a mad spurt of casting on several weeks back, and I swore that I wouldn't start anything new until I had all of those casted-on projects finished. I am down to the final two.... Phoebe's tea-top in yellow and and this hat for myself. I am hoping I will finish this hat before the weather gets too warm around here!!
Over the weekend, a friend and I did part of the Portland Yarn Crawl. Essentially, each yarn shop has a raffle basket that you can enter to win just by going in, and some shops had free patterns, deals on yarn, etc. I don't need any more yarn, and actually, one of my New Year's resolutions has been to use up some of my stash... however, I finally caved, at the last store we went in to, and bought myself a skein of light grey wool/alpaca with some glittery strands in it. I just couldn't resist the sparkle effect. Plus, how could I not get a small memoir from the yarn crawl? Anyways, I bought it with making a cowl for myself in mind, but with spring getting closer, who knows what it will become. Any suggestions? I think the cat likes it!
I finally finished Pride and Prejudice last night (and ended up really enjoying it!) and still have a little ways to go Eating Animals.. Hopefully next week I will have some exciting new reads to share with you all!
What are you reading and knitting?


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Well, clearly, your cat thinks it should be a hat for HIM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! i love how you involved the cat!
    the hat you're making for yourself... if you end up not liking it let me know, i'll wear it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cat, too cute!!! And I totally agree, you needed to have a little token of the yarn crawl. And by the way, what a fabulous idea, might suggest it to the yarn shops in our area.

    ReplyDelete