Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy First Birthday Baby Girl!

One year ago today you arrived into the world.
Your arrival was much anticipated.....
Your brother was 3 weeks early and we expected you to come early as well.
So when you came on your due date,
it seemed like you were so far overdue.
I could hardly wait.

The birth was fast, you were beautiful,
And I was so happy to snuggle into bed with you in my arms.
My perfect little girl.

My, how things have changed in only a year.
My helpless little newborn is now an independent-minded little girl,
with a personality all your own.
You are silly and snuggly, loud and determined,
and I couldn't imagine a more perfect little girl.

Happy Birthday Phoebe!

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday sweet Phoebe! So glad we get to play with you so often! And happy birth day to you, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet to remember the day our babies were born isn't it? Makes me teary eyed. Happy Birthday Phoebe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Happy birthday Phoebe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope she had a lovely day. Happy Birthing Day mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your sweet girl! She is getting big! And so stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy birthday baby P! It all goes so fast, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete