Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things this week for Yarn Along. This week, on the needles, I am still finishing up Phoebe's second wool soaker. The pattern is the Little Turtle Knits retro wool soaker (found in 100 Knitting Projects). I am also just about to start a knitted rabbit, in gray, from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms, which will be an Easter present for Finn. Now that I have two kids to make presents for, I defintely have to start preparations early.
I also just started reading Seed to Seed by Suzanne Ashworth. I have had this book from the library for months (I just kept on renewing it) but now someone else has it on hold and I am under pressure to finish up by the due date. I am one chapter in and I have already realized that my yard does not give me the circumstances to save most seeds.... but I am finding great information in this book nonetheless. I will write up a full review once I have finished. Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. The wool soaker looks very sweet! Pretty wool! I would love to try knitting a couple of soakers but I'm afraid of the tiny needles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, just realized I said almost the same thing as I said last week...very original of me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your project looks really cool! beautiful colors :)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so lucky to have a talented, crafty mama!

    ReplyDelete