Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day and a failed smoothie experiment...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Before I had children. St. Patrick's Day was always a night spend at a local pub with good friends. Now I am trying to think of a way to turn my son's bathwater green tonight and wondering if I should buy a beer to drink with the dinner I will make at home. Times change, that's for sure!
I started the morning with a very failed St. Patrick's Day experiment... In celebration of of today's holiday, I told Finn that I would make him a green smoothie for breakfast. I had 1/2 bunch of kale in the fridge, which I figured would green a smoothie right up. Well, in case anyone is wondering, it takes A LOT of kale to turn berry smoothies green. How much, I have no idea, but 1/2 bunch did basically nothing. So, then I had a very upset, crying toddler because I had promised a green smoothie and didn't deliver. So, I gave in and added enough green food coloring (leftover from making play dough) to make him happy. I'm normally not much of a fan of food coloring, but sometimes you gotta give.
Anyways, hoping you all have a wonderful St. Patty's Day and a less disastrous start to your morning. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. haha- I hope Finn liked his green smoothie-
    I usually use spinach and just banana- turns very green

    ReplyDelete