Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Our New Little Lady!

Our newest addition has finally arrived! We welcomed Phoebe Adeline Oakley Newlin into the world on Tuesday March 1st at 11:41 am. She was born at home, weighing in at 7 pounds, 4 ounces and 19.5 inches long. We are all tired, but adjusting well and big brother Finn is doing a great job!
I am hoping to find a rhythm soon and get back to some of my regular activities (like blogging!), but for now, I am trying to enjoy these early days at home becoming acquainted with this little lady.

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I'm so glad she was born at home. Hoping you find a rhythm soon and can't wait to see more newbie pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, look at those sweet little wrinkly toes!
    Welcome Earthside Phoebe!!
    If I were you blogging would be the last thing on my mind too. Enjoy this special time.
    Please let me know if you ever need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What loveliness! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hooray! Congratulations many times over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Sweet Phoebe...and congratulations to your family! When my Charlotte was born, it felt like she'd always been a part of our family and we'd just been waiting for her. My son was almost 3 at the time and it was a big adjustment for him, but almost the exact same game (a fishing one!) from the baby, gifts for him when people brought things for the baby, time and lots of love and mommy-time helped.
    Best Wishes to all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Congratulations and welcome to the world little Phoebe! What a perfect and beautiful baby girl. I hope the home birth was exactly as you hoped it would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mazel Tov! Taryn she is precious! I love her name! Hope you are feeling well! All the best- Ren

    ReplyDelete