Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Bed-Side Organizer

A few weekends ago I finally finished up a bed-side organizer for Finn. This project had been in the works for months... it was actually really easy and fairly quick, so I am not sure why it took me so long to motivate to do it.
Anyways, Finn is the kind of kid who likes to bring a lot of stuff with him to bed: milk, water, a flashlight, books, etc. And, we had a phase where he would wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to find his ______ (insert item from above list here) and would scream for us to come and find it. Not exactly how I like to wake up at 2 am.
So, I put together this organizer to hang next to his bed, with pockets for drinks, flashlights, books, stuffed animals and whatever else needs to accompany him to sleep. So far it has been a big hit with Finn and a serious success for my night time sleep... and just in time for the new baby. Definitely don't need two kids waking me up at night!
I bought new fabric and ribbon for this project because I wanted Finn to pick it out so that is was special to him. Because of that, it ended up costing about $15 to make. But if you were willing to be less picky with fabric, or use something you already had, this could be made pretty inexpensively. I think it would also work great in an art room as hanging storage or a smaller version for hair accessories, etc. I am planning on making another one to organize some of his art supplies soon!


Pin It Now!

1 comment: