Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Last Call at the Oasis: A Review


Last Call at the Oasis

I have put off watching this movie for years, as I felt like it was going to be too similar to the myriad of other water movies I have seen. And, while there are lots of similarities, I really enjoyed this one. I particularly liked that it focused on all of the water basics: water quality, water quantity, water rights, wastewater treatment, the EPA, the precautionary principle, bottled water, recycled wastewater,and several other topics. The only water topic that was glaringly missing was that of water privitization. Despite this, it gives a good summary of worldwide water problems and gives water issues the urgency they truly need.
The film was well done, interesting, and even funny at times. And, the best part of this movie  (for me) is that it will be perfect to show in my spring class when we talk about water. It will go hand in hand with many of the ideas we will talk about in lecture. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this one, might have to take a look at it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete