Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for this week's yarn along.
This week I am still reading  both Gulliver's Travels and The Lacuna, both which are pretty slow moving. I don't have much time for reading these days, so it may take me awhile to get through these bad boys. I have also started to read (OK, more like browse-through) a book by a colleague of mine. James Davis is a outstanding naturalist who leads many-a-field trip for my classes. So it only makes sense that I am reading his book The Northwest Nature Guide, which gives great tips on what to see and do in the outdoors in the Pacific Northwest.
For my knitting, I am working on a second hat for Japan (check out the button on my sidebar for more info or to join in!). This hat is not pictured. What is shown is the Stella Pixie Hat that I have started for Phoebe. The pattern can be found in Vintage Baby Knits. This puppy is on size 3 needles, and since warmer weather will probably mean less time for knitting, this one may take me awhile... but I am trying to chip away a bit at it every night before I go to bed. I will keep you posted.
What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, the stella pixie hat! I photocopied that pattern when I had the book out from the library and it's in my to-do pile. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn is beautiful ... what is it? The nature guide sounds good too .... I used to live in Spokane and the Pac NW was a favorite stomping ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn is Patton's sock weight.. I don't know the color offhand. I hope it looks good with the pixie hat!

    ReplyDelete