Tuesday night's dinner was baked salmon, collard greens, and a delicious quinoa salad that I adapted from a couscous salad recipe that I found online. It was super easy and turned out fabulous (even the husband was impressed). I am definitely going to make this again.. it will be a great one to bring to summer barbecues and picnics. Plus quinoa is high protein and oh-so good for you!
What You Need:
- 1.5 cups raw red quinoa
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 small red cabbage (about 1.5 cups), grated
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa. In a bowl, mix together onions, pepper, carrot, cabbage and parsley. When quinoa has finished cooking, add it to the vegetables and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients for the dressing. Pour over salad and mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy either warm or cold! Yum!