Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello 2012!

2011 was a year full of excitement and joy, but was also a year full of transitions. Finn went from being an only child to a big brother, and our family's roles shifted as we welcomed our new addition. We struggled with schedules, became accustomed to traveling with two children, and remembered the amazement that comes with watching a baby grow.
It's hard to believe that 2012 is already here, and with it a year full of new hope and adventures!I love the feeling of a new year starting... it seems like everything is possible again. A chance to start anew without any restrictions. A chance to dream big and accomplish those dreams.  I am a list person and make lists for everything, so I, of course, made a list of new years resolutions. I won't bore you with the details, but included on it are using up my fabric and yarn stash (which has gotten quite out of control), getting our puppy to behave like a respectable dog (read: stop jumping on people and licking kids in the face), and taking more time to just be. But, I won't lie. My list is long. Every year I set myself up for failure. Why? Am I a self masochist? Do I think I am failing as a person? No, not really. I think it is mainly because I am such a perfectionist, and always feel that I can do more and do it better. But honestly, I can't do much more unless I either give away my children or stop sleeping, neither of which are going to happen. But, I guess writing down resolutions is a tradition, a time to re-focus my energy and decide where I want to grow during the next year. A way to remind myself who I am striving to be and to at least get myself on the right path.
So, here is to 2012! A year of love, life and laughter!
Happy New Year! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment