Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, January 23, 2012

2012: Year of the Dragon and A Couple of Fun Crafts

Happy Chinese New Year! The past few months I have been reading a lot of Chinese-american literature and watching a lot of movies set in China (including the phenomenal BBC Wild China series that you can instant view on Netflix). So, anyways, I guess you could say that I have China on the brain and this year, Finn and I decided to make some crafts to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
We made some quick and easy paper lanterns and a dancing dragon. We found instructions for both crafts here. We had fun making them, and Finn has been parading his dragon around the house for days.
Hoping the Year of the Dragon brings you much luck and happiness!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. We made chinese lanterns this past week too and adorned the playroom! So simple but so festive....and a great way for my preschooler to practice her cutting skills! I love the dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ideas- we're going to do some fun events this week for the Chinese New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic dragon! Gung Hay Fat Choy!!

    ReplyDelete