Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yarn Along: Knit for Japan

I have been wanting to somehow help the victims of Japan's earthquake/tsunami. But with no disposable income, and no close connections in Japan, I hadn't figured out a way to be of much use. Then, voila! Last week's post at Yarn Along mentioned that people were knitting hats for Japan. I can do that!
Last night I started my first hat for Japan. I hope to make a couple to send over. The deadline for hat donations is July 15th. Can you help too?
To learn more, click on the button below (or on my sidebar). Thanks!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment