Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sweet Potato Pancakes

Now that I have greatly reduced my dairy intake, I have been looking for new dishes to prepare for my family. I never realized how much cheese I ate until I actually stopped eating it....
Anyways, I sort of threw these together last week with whatever we had around the house. They came out pretty good so I thought I would post the recipe here. My experiments don't always turn out that way however.....

What You Need:
  • 1 small potato, grated
  • 1 zucchini, grated
  • 1 sweet potato, grated
  • 1/2 cup corn (frozen works fine)
  • 1/2 yellow onion, diced
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 3 Tbl flour
  • 1 egg
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • canola oil, for frying
What You Do:
  • Place grated veggies on a towel and try to pat most of the moisture out of them
  • Thoroughly mix all ingredients
  • Head canola oil in pan on medium heat
  • Once heated, place a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the oil and cook through, flipping sides halfway through.
  • Makes about 4-6 side servings
Do you ever experiment in the kitchen (cooking without a recipe)? Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. yum- we make these for Hanukkah- my monkeys love sweet potatoes! So healthy too!

    ReplyDelete