Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Handmade Matching Game

I got this cute idea from a blog called Peas and Carrots, and it was made for part of Handmade Holiday 2010 (check out my sidebar). Anyways, as soon as I saw this idea on Peas and Carrots, I knew it would be a great 3rd birthday present for Finn's BFF. I made 30 pieces (15 sets of 2 each). The pieces were made from black felt and extra fabric that I had leftover from other projects, with a drawstring bag to keep it all in. This was a fairly easy and inexpensive project, and my son has already requested one of his own. Thanks fellow bloggers for sharing your creative ideas!!



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. So cute- I used to make memory cards by cutting out photos from magazines- of concepts- like 'babies' or 'dogs'-

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Finn's BFF LOVES her matching game (and she is quite good at it!) Thank you for such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing....I was trying to acess my blog from my phone and it sent me to your blog, I guess b/c you had linked to my blog. What a wonderful surprise to see that someone found my little blog useful and its SOOO fun to see your memory game! Its beautiful! I am always happy to "meet" other like minded Mamas out there and I will now be following your blog. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete