Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Countdown!



Wow! I can't believe it is already December. Time is flying and I still have so many holiday gifts to make! The pressure is on now....
For Finn, December 1 marks the beginning of the Christmas countdown, and discussions of Santa seem to recur every few hours. Excitement is in the air, and Finn's anticipation makes this year's holiday season that much more fun for me.
Today we started 2 different advents. Yesterday we made a simple chain out of red and green construction paper that we will tear one link off of every day until Christmas. I also found a great wooden advent box last year at Goodwill, and I have filled it with stickers and candy for each day of the month. For $4 it was a total score (even if it has a little more religious flare than I would normally display). But, I hope that next year I will find (or make) the time to create a handmade advent calendar. I have seen so many cute ideas on blogs this year that have inspired me to make sure I get one made for next Christmas....
Until then, paper chains and salvaged boxes will have to do. Happy Hannukah for those of you who celebrate and I hope you all are finding fun and anticipation in your holiday plannings and celebrations! Pin It Now!

1 comment: