Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Handmade Holidays

OK, this is the last one, I promise. But here are the rest of the handmade gifts I managed to make for this Christmas (but couldn't share until now b/c I didn't want to ruin the surprise!).

A couple months back, I found this huge back of yarn at SCRAP, our local art supply re-use store for $4! What a steal!!

I turned it into a hat and mittens for Finn, and I still have A LOT of yarn left!


I also made Finn a few pairs of pants (the robot fabric is flannel and really snuggly)



I also made my first pair of arm warmers. These ones were for my sister-in-law who lives in NYC, and I saw a pattern for arm warmers that laced up the side...I figured they would fit into big city fashion. The pattern is from Alterknits.


Lastly, a lot of the ladies in my life got bath salts. I made these for the first time and they are super easy. Fill a pint size mason jar with epsom salts (available at a drug store) and add about 20 drops of essential oils in any combination that suits your fancy. Mix well, wrap up and give!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of Finn's snuggly pants and I love the colors in his hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great gifts- I love the arm warmers- Happy NY!

    ReplyDelete