Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Blueberry Cornbread Muffins


I know, I am the crazy muffin lady. We eat a lot of muffins around here, as they are a great homemade snack to grab on the go. This one is a new favorite because the cornmeal gives the muffins a heartier texture. These are really good warm from the oven with a little bit of butter on them!

What you need:
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
3/4 cup milk (I use rice milk, but soy or dairy would work just as well)
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup agave syrup (available at Trader Joe's or health food stores)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen works)

What you do:
1. preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix eggs, milk, oil, agave syrup, vanilla and cinnamon
3. add flour, cornmeal and baking powder
4. fold in blueberries
5. pour into pre-greased (I use olive oil spray) muffin pans
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on if they are mini-muffins or regular size)
7. remove from pan and cool on rack

Makes about 24 mini muffins or 12 regular sized Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment