Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Blanket of Love.....


This past weekend I spent some time knitting a couple of squares for a group knitting effort. Kelly, who was a brave mama to a 2 year old boy, lost her battle with breast cancer recently, and this knitting effort is a way to create something to let this little boy know that we are all thinking about him. I have never met Kelly or her family, but when I read this story on gardenmama's blog, I just couldn't stop crying. I figured that knitting a square or two was the least I could do to send some love their way. Please click the link above to read the story and to join in on the knitting project.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment