Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Yarn Along



Happy Yarn Along! Joining with Ginny of Small Things today for the first yarn along of October. How did that happen so fast???

The colder wet weather and my trip to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival over the weekend has inspired me to knit. I have started a bunch of new projects, and have put many more on my immediate to-do list. If there were only more time in the day! Over the past week I have finished a pair of arm warmers for Phoebe and another that will be a Christmas present (yes folk, Christmas knitting has officially begun!). I am also working on parts of a Halloween costume (can you guess what it is?), a hat for a newly arrived baby, and I am still working on  Phoebe's poncho. The bottom rows are in seed stitch, and it is taking me about 20 minutes to do one row. Yikes! Thankfully, I only have about 6 rows left... and then about 5 hours of weaving in ends! Hoping I can finish it off by next week's yarn along (oh, the pressure!).

 I am still reading Sometimes A Great Notion by Ken Kesey. It is pretty intense and haphazard writing, which is pretty par for the course for Kesey, but it is taking me awhile to plod through it. The book is set on the Oregon coast though, which keeps me reading, especially with all of the references to the never-ending rain, which is what it has been here these past few days.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. With the yellow and black I am guessing a bumble bee costume?

    I am anxious to start my Christmas knitting too. It will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are my soul sister in the starting new projects area! festivals always inspire me and yet I didn't go to one this year. Love the earthy tones in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are knitting up a frenzy, you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve the little armwarmers...they are even coordinated with the background colors.
    I gave up on S.A.G.N. and watched the movie...then I had to to eat pickles and drink coke on the beach the next day..I had to I tell you. It is on Netflix you should watch it when your done with the book. Paul Newman in the main character in the movie. he he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yarns you are using. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete