Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Very Yummy Lemon Pound Cake

We had a few friends over for dessert last night, and I wanted to try out a new recipe (which, by the way, is something I always seem to do when we have guests over.. which, is rather risky since you really don't know how it is going to turn out. My husband constantly makes fun of me for this... especially when my experiments don't turn out as planned). Anyways, last night's recipe was a winner, and I thought I would share.

Lemon Pound Cake:
  • I cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 2 Tbl lemon zest
  • 7 Tbl lemon juice
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 cup plain greek yogurt
  • a cup powdered sugar
  • Preheat oven to 325 F. Butter and flour a bundt pan
  • Mix together the butter, sugar and zest on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes. Add in 4 Tbl lemon juice, then the eggs, one at a time
  • Reduce speed to low add half of the flour, and the salt, baking soda and baking powder. Then add the yogurt. Then add the other half of the flour.
  • Pour mixture into cake pan and bake for about 70-75 minutes, or until cooked through.
  • Allow to cool completely. Mix together the remaining 3 Tbl of lemon juice and the powder sugar and drizzle over cake.
  • I served mine with blueberries!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious! I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete