Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for this week's yarn along. I had a bit of a knitting catastrophe this week when I tried Phoebe's birthday dress on her and it wouldn't fit over her head. At all. Like, not even close to fitting over her noggin. Bummer, right? After much debate of whether I should cut and sew, undo, or just give in and give up, I decided to go the undo route. So... I undid the trim, and re-did the trim, but this time much more loosely. And luckily, I saved it. It fits, and it didn't come unraveled. And it still looks cute. Phew. Other than my knitting mis-adventure, I haven't had too much time to knit this week as my mom is in town for a visit. I still have a bunch of stuff on the needles, but I currently am focused on this aardvark that I am knitting Phoebe for her birthday. Cute, right?
I am still reading Pride and Prejudice. I am enjoying it, but also feel that the formal writing style is making it rather slow-going. I also just started Eating Animals. I enjoy Foer's writing style, so I am pretty sure I am going to enjoy this one.
What are you reading and knitting? Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Wait... Phoebes birthday? I feel like I was just reading your pregnancy posts!!! Cliche, but where does the time go? Geesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. about Pride and Prejudice: have you tried an audio version? When I read "Emma", I found it really slow going. But when I listened to it, the pace seemed just perfect. I think Austen's books were written to be read aloud, frankly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that problem with knits for my son. I blame my tight bind off and his big head. I love the pup in the photo!!! Your knitting buddy right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. l'm so jealous that you live in Portland. I'm in southern Oregon and my husband and I adore Portland. Luckily I get to be there this next month for a chess competition my son is in... and, it's during the Portland Yarn Crawl! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness love this aardvark, so cute. Glad to hear you were able to save the dress, always so hard when things don't work out as planned after all that work...been there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the reworking! I may have just passed out. ;)
    xo,
    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew! So glad the dress worked out! It looked far too cute to just scrap. The aardvark is cute!

    ReplyDelete