Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Some Mama Time....

My mom is in town for a visit (which explains why I have been a pretty absent blogger this past week). I am so happy to have her here, spending time with us, and so happy that she is willing to withstand our very meager accommodations...Because we have such a small house, her 'guest bed' is actually the bottom bunk on Finn's bed. That means she has to sleep with the lights part-way on and is forced to get up by 6 a.m. to play I-Spy and Where's Waldo. But,.... at least she is not sharing a room with Miss Phoebe who currently thinks that 3 a.m. is the perfect time to rise and shine for the day. How did I get such early-rising children?
We have been busy ever since my mom arrived... I had to work 2 of the days and we have been preparing for Phoebe's first birthday party next weekend (yes, I have put my mom to work helping me craft!). Today, we finally had a chance to have an Oregon experience, and a true Oregon experience it was. We headed up to see Multnomah Falls. The sky was so grey that we couldn't even see the top of the falls and the rain fell steadily the entire time we were outside. Lush green vegetation, the roar of rushing water, and getting soaked..... now that is Oregon.
Hoping for a day or two of sun while she is here, but until then, I am enjoying some family time, even in the rain. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to get a little one who sleeps in a little...7am is pretty good.

    Sounds like a wonderful time visiting with your mom and that picture is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having a nice time :)
    I kinda wish my mom was here for our birthdays and hopefully a birth this week. I am hoping I can make it to Phoebes party!

    ReplyDelete