Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yarn Along (and a continued case of "startitis")

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things. Can't believe it's already time for another yarn along!
So, I made some progressed and finished up a few things this past week: I finally put the finishing flowers on Phoebe's dress (she isn't modelling it because it is supposed to be a birthday present), I finished up a wee baby hat for a friend (not shown as it is to be a surprise), and I almost finished up Phoebe's pixie hat (just need to weave in a couple loose ends and add the button). Sadly, I made the 12-24 month version, and now, at 11 months, it is already pushing too small. My children have  enormous noggins.
I am still (slowly) working on Finn's Valentine's monster. It is ending up being quite a bit more entailed than I had expected, so I have been sort of avoiding it. If I want to actually get it done in time, I need to get a move on...
OK, so I have problems. I also casted-on a tea-top for Phoebe, another secret project for a baby-to-be, and this hat for myself. I am just too scattered brained to focus on one thing at a time these days!!
I am still reading The Big Thirst and also started reading Pride and Prejudice for my book club. I got an e-reader for Christmas, which I was a little hesitant about using, but I found P&P for only $0.99 and so I am giving it a whirl. It is weird not to have the feel of a read page in-between my hands, but I must say that it is pretty convenient. And, although I haven't researched into them, they seem like an environmental plus because of all of the paper and processing energy saved over printing books.
What are you reading and knitting this week?
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I have several things on the needles too and am coming to realize it is just the life of a knitter so I am going to roll with it!
    I have an ereader and bought it with the idea of not having so many stacks of books everywhere. I love using it to read at night before falling alsleep, but still find I need to feel a book in my hand so I do both! I hope you enjoy P&P, it is so good!
    Happy Yarn along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm borrowing my brother's e-reader this week (he had a few books on it I've been wanting to read) and I'm surprised at how much I like it. I've been a hold-out on e-readers, but I might just be changing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is adorable! I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you sure have been busy! The dress is super cute. Maybe it is the weather we are having as I seem to be scatter brained lately when it comes to my projects too. I pulled out a wip last night that I haven't touched in about two years and why?? I already have three cardigans and a hat on my needles.
    Happy Yarn Along. :)

    Cynthia @
    brambleberriesintherain.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care what the means are- book or screen- Mr. Darcy is still just as dreamy. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know so well the pain of startitis and it's companion illness - finishistis. Your knits are so lovely, though, how can you resist?

    ReplyDelete