Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day (And Some Cute Heart Garland)

Happy Valentine's Day! Valentine's Day tends to be pretty low-key around here, although we do have a few traditions..... Each year, we make homemade Valentine's for Finn's cousins, Finn makes a homemade Valentine for his papa (and we make a surprise batch of heart-shaped sugar cookies to go with it), and the kids get a small surprise in the morning. This year I managed to whip up a couple of hand-made gifts for the kiddos.... I will hopefully get some photos of those to share with you all tomorrow.
We also do a few simple decorations, mostly consisting of some simple paper hearts. This year we added some heart garland to get us in the Valentine's spirit. I got the idea for this super-cute heart garland here. It was quick and easy to do. I ended up using cardstock as construction paper crinkled and just wouldn't bend right. Finn had fun helping (he did the stapling) and was very excited to show papa when he got home.


Pin It Now!

1 comment: