Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Upcycled Skirt

I made this skirt a few weeks back when I was feeling a creative surge. I was looking through my upcycle bin My upcycle bin is a bin (well actually it is 2 bins, but don't tell my husband) full of old clothes that are not worn in their current form... and I sometimes use them to create new clothes for me or the kiddos.
This skirt was once a shirt that I wore while I was pregnant with Finn. While it wasn't a maternity shirt, it's not something I would have ever picked if I wasn't pregnant and I knew I would never wear it again. So, I whipped up a quick skirt. It is a bit shorter than what I would usually wear, so it needs to be paired with leggings, but it is super comfy and I think it came out well.
I love having those little windows of time to myself where I can create.. especially when I can create something that is not on my to-make list. Those times are few and far between these days, so I have come to truly appreciate them.
Do you ever upcycle?
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I wish I had the gift of sewing - alas, I do not (and I seriously mean it. I have tried. I'm waaaaay too hyper for projects requiring concentration and preciseness) I do A LOT of shopping at this AWESOME consignment store. I bring many of our gently worn items in and get store credit, so that I sometimes end up buying stuff without using any cash! It's great!

    ReplyDelete