Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yarning Along

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for this week's yarn along.
So, I still haven't finished Phoebe's crossover sweater yet.. I just haven't had much time to knit. I have finished both front pieces and the back piece, and have started the first sleeve. Each week I think that I will have it done for "next week's" yarn along.... but I have been working on this for many (many) weeks. I also started knitting a pirate crown for Finn's pirate birthday party that will be in a few weeks. It is  a little bit easier to transport than a sweater, so I thought I could maybe get some on-the-go knitting done. ;)
In the book department, I finished The Historian, which I loved (and is why I haven't done much knitting), and couldn't decide what to read, so I started reading four books at once. Whew!  I picked up All That the Rain Promises and More: A Hip Pocket Guide to Western Mushrooms from the library in hopes that Finn and I would have some time to do some mushroom looking (and hopefully spore prints) in the next week or to. This book came recommended to me by a naturalist friend and is, so far, great. From the looks of the cover I could have sworn it was from the 1970's, but it was actually published in 1991. I am also browsing through Warm Fuzzies: 30 Sweet Felted Projects which has some darn cute stuff in there. If only I had a bunch of old wool sweaters and a whole lot of time. Some of the projects are really cute though, like the ornaments, cupcake pincushion and a robot sweater. I may get inspired to try at least one of them out before I return this back to the library! I finally got my turn at Playful Learning by Mariah Bruehl and am so excited to read through all of the projects. I will share some of what I learn after I finish! Lastly, I am reading Dragonflight, the first in Anne McCaffreys' Dragonriders of Pern series. 
Maybe I will actually have that darn sweater finished by next week? Wish me luck!
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment