Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our Day in the Mud


This time of year in Portland is hard (for me anyways) because the rest of the country is having spring, and we are still having winter. So yesterday we braved the chill and the mud and decided to spend some time in nature. I think Finn and I both needed it!
We found lots of big trees (which continue to amaze me, even though I see them on a regular basis)

We saw 2 snails scooting across the trail,

Quite a few slugs (of course),

And some unfurling ferns.
When we got back to the car, Finn said to me " Mommy! We did it! What a beautiful hike!".
My thoughts exactly, kiddo.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Aww- so glad "you did it"
    What great photos- You are an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Taryn, I love the fern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I miss the north west, hope you have summer by now!!

    ReplyDelete