Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Home-Made Seed Bars


Ever had one of those delicious Bumblebars? This week I decided to try and recreate the recipe in my own kitchen... I must say that it came out pretty tasty! It doesn't have quite the same consistency as the store-bought kind (it doesn't stick together as well), but for a lower cost, less packing and home-made, I can overlook that fault. If anyone has any tips on how to make it stick a bit better, please fill me in.

What You Need:
  • 1.5 cups sesame seeds
  • 1 cup flax seeds
  • 1 cup peanuts
  • 1/2 cup agave syrup or brown rice syrup
  • 1/8 cup shredded coconut
  • 2 tbl. honey
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbl vanilla
What You Do:
  • Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Grease a 9x13 baking dish (I used olive oil spray) and spread mixture into it. Bake at 300 for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Cut into squares after it has cooled and hardened. I have been storing my in the fridge (as to reduce the stickiness factor).
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment