Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

When I did some research yesterday and found out that Cinco de Mayo is a celebration for Mexico winning a war against France, I was not quite as excited to celebrate it as I have been in the past. But hey- any excuse for a margarita is a good holiday for me! In honor of this Mexican day of festivities, we had our own Mexican-inspired morning.



We made Mexican eggs for breakfast



We made tissue paper flowers from used tissue paper (hence the wrinkles)....


Which inspired us to dance...


And we made chili peppers to decorate our holiday tree (we had to take the picture outside because the lighting in our house in horrible).

I hope that festivities will continue after I am done with work tonight with a yummy margarita from the taqueria down the street.
Pin It Now!

1 comment: