Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for this week's yarn along. Hooray! I finally have some new books to share this week. I have just started (and am almost finished with) The Girl Who Fell From the Sky. An easy read, although a bit depressing. I have also started reading Eaarth by Bill McKibbon. I am considering having my class read it for their literature review next term.
I have also finished my Emma star hat (for me!), just in time to wear for a few weeks before warmer weather rolls around. It is being blocked right now, so pictures to come soon.... Still working on Phoebe's tea top. I am really hoping I will finish it off in time for next week's yarn along.
And then... I won't have anything on the needles, which will feel weird because I have had at least 2 (or more) things going for a couple of months now. I hope to find some time this week to browse ravelry and see what I want to cast on next... fun!
And, this photo? Well, we spent a good part of the morning yesterday inside in a fort that we built in Finn's room. It was raining out, and it just seemed like the right thing to do.
What are you reading and knitting? Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I can't do depression reading,but Eaarth I might be able to handle. What class do you teach?
    I can't wait to see your Emma star hat, how exciting!

    My children use to love building forts all over the house, such fun and a great way to spend a rainy day.

    Have a happy yarn along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous yellow you are knitting with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny picture! I thought perhaps it was a tent or homemade fort of some kind. Boy, I bet that was fun your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picture, so awesome. Forts are a regular occurrence in our home :) Love the colour of your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do miss those fort building days! enjoy your sweetie and your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved fort building as a child. I can't wait to share that with my little boys too.

    Can't wait to see your finished projects. I am just learning to knit, and I'm SO excited about it.

    I'm currently reading Animal Vegetable Miracle...well, I've been reading it for a while now. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forts are often the right thing to do. :)
    Have fun!
    xo,
    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete