Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Year Long Adventure: Month 11: Striving for Environmental Change

Each month since last May, I have been striving to find ways to incorporate permanent changes into my life so that my family and I can live more sustainably.  Some months have seen much better results than others mind you, but we are working on baby steps here! Anyways, March is my 11th month in my year long adventure (wow! where did the past 10 months go?!?) and this month I will be striving for environmental change.
What does "striving for environmental change" mean exactly? Well, it means putting actions to my beliefs. Writing letters to my representatives to encourage policies that promote environmental health and sustainability. Participating in actions in my community to creative positive change. Sharing knowledge with friends and neighbors so that they can create change too. Stuff like that.
I hope to knock out a few letters in the upcoming weeks (especially as I gave some letter-writing assignments to my students, and when I give an assignment like that, I normally join in as well!), and I will keep you updated on my progress. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great! I always think about writing letters, but then never get around to doing it. Good for you for sticking to your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I have done this in the past, mostly in regards to regulation of health care products here in Canada, but may have to do a little bit of letter writing on environmental health as well, thanks for the idea!

    Good luck with your letter writing.

    ReplyDelete