Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekending


Joining in with Amanda from Habit of Being for another weekending post....
This weekend was amazing!
Friday afternoon brought some much warm needed sun (and warmth).
Phoebe had her first go at gardening (and at eating dirt---yum!)
and our first pea spout emerged from the ground.
A late afternoon trip to the park
which led to an impromptu dinner with friends.
Saturday morning, after a quick breakfast of bagels and coffee,
I headed up to Mt. Hood to snowboard for the first time in over 2 years!!
There was fresh snow, blue skies, and warm temperatures.
It was amazing.
Thanks to my hubby for making that happen.
The only thing I was missing was a partner in crime,
but my out-of-shape legs only lasted for a couple of hours anyways.
Saturday evening we enjoyed some down time in the yard.
Dinner at home and some reading before bed.
Sunday morning we headed out to breakfast (so nice to not have to do dishes!)
I made it to yoga class for the first time in a long time.
A dog walk, some cleaning, a play date for Finn.
Dinner at home (a little wine too).
Now both kids are asleep and I am headed to the couch for some knitting, lazing, and movie watching.
Phew! How was your weekend?
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great weekend! especially the snowboarding and getting back on the mat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to your baby?! ;) Phoebe is looking so grown up and definitely sweet. I think we have that same hat!

    ReplyDelete