Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sunday Gratitudes



Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you have all enjoyed your weekend. This past week I have felt grateful for:
  • Honesty, and the people who appreciate it.
  • Ladies. There is just something about a group of women that is amazing. The collective energy of a group of women probably can, and should, save the world.
  • Family, in whatever form it may be. My entire family lives east of the Mississippi River, so living on the west coast does not offer me many chances to be with my actual family. And although no one can replace my parents and my sister, I have made a new family along my journey. A family of friends and neighbors. And I am so lucky to have each and every one of them in my life.
  • My kids. I caught them in a moment of snuggling this week where they were holding each other in their arms and Finn was brushing the hair from Phoebe's forehead. I seriously just about melted.
  • The kindness of others. There were several times this week when someone reached out and offered me help when I needed it. I can't even explain how good it felt. 
  • Music! It powers the soul. 
  • The moments of sun we have had this week. They were mostly fleeting, but felt wonderful.


What have you felt grateful for this week?

Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots
Pin It Now!

1 comment: