Happy Sunday everyone! It has been a dark and dreary weekend around here. This past week I have felt grateful for:
- My seriously awesome friends. It is such an amazing feeling to know that you are loved. Divorce has certainly been tough but has also come with quite a few silver linings, and more time with friends is at the top of that list.
- A girl who loves her dog. Fiercely.
- Making my finances work. With the new year came a new post-separation financial learning curve for me. Bank accounts have been separated, bills are all in my name, and I have a pretty limited budget to work with. But, so far, I am making it happen. It is a bit stressful, but it also feels good to be completely in charge of my money.
- My job. On Thursday I took my class out to a farm where we got to dig around in the soil. I love that I get to expose my students to these sorts of trips, and love that everyone, even the more girly-girls, just dug right in and scooped up handfuls of dirt. I get to be around a whole lot of amazing people, and although they are there to learn from me, I feel so lucky that I also get to learn from them.
- The acceptance of myself. Lately I have begun to feel OK about my imperfections, and to realize that no one is perfect. As long as I am trying my best, and striving to improve, I need to be OK with my faults and my mistakes. Would have been nice if I had felt this way before I was 38, but now is better than never....
What have you felt grateful for this week?
Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss RootsPin It Now!