Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday Gratitudes


Hello! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.......  Here is what I have felt grateful for this past week:
  • Amazing people who inspire me to be better.
  • Good books. I just finished The Miniaturist and I could barely put it down.  I love the feeling of being pulled into a novel.
  • The courage to do things alone. It wasn't long ago that going most places alone felt awkward and lonely. Now, in my single-lady days, I have found the courage to do what I want, whether or not I have someone to join me. I must say that it is quite liberating.
  • The way that my kids smile and yell "mom" and run to me for a huge hug after a few hours or a night away. I know someday, probably soon, they will grow too old to do this any longer, but at those moments there is nothing more that I want to be than their mother. 
  • For my sweet Finn, who is so kind and caring, and becoming so mature so quickly. Lately, after the kids have had a moment of not listening, or choosing not to follow family rules, Finn will often come up to me and apologize, for him and his sister. I know that apologies are hard and take lots of courage. I know that I wasn't very good at them when I was a child.... and I am maybe still not that good at them.... So for him to own his mistakes, to simply acknowledge them, is so heart warming (and a bit inspirational).
  • That I was able to run my 10k this morning! About two weeks ago I injured my foot and wasn't sure that I would heal in time for my run. I have been resting my foot as much as possible (which means that I was NOT running), and although it was not a super speedy run, I did it! And I am still in once piece.

What have you felt grateful for this week?

Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to run!! I love how you are embracing this chapter of your life and I know you will be happier than ever before!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you were able to run your 10k!!! Those kiddos of yours are super cute, and I love the photo of the three of you. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete