Hello! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend....... Here is what I have felt grateful for this past week:
- Amazing people who inspire me to be better.
- Good books. I just finished The Miniaturist and I could barely put it down. I love the feeling of being pulled into a novel.
- The courage to do things alone. It wasn't long ago that going most places alone felt awkward and lonely. Now, in my single-lady days, I have found the courage to do what I want, whether or not I have someone to join me. I must say that it is quite liberating.
- The way that my kids smile and yell "mom" and run to me for a huge hug after a few hours or a night away. I know someday, probably soon, they will grow too old to do this any longer, but at those moments there is nothing more that I want to be than their mother.
- For my sweet Finn, who is so kind and caring, and becoming so mature so quickly. Lately, after the kids have had a moment of not listening, or choosing not to follow family rules, Finn will often come up to me and apologize, for him and his sister. I know that apologies are hard and take lots of courage. I know that I wasn't very good at them when I was a child.... and I am maybe still not that good at them.... So for him to own his mistakes, to simply acknowledge them, is so heart warming (and a bit inspirational).
- That I was able to run my 10k this morning! About two weeks ago I injured my foot and wasn't sure that I would heal in time for my run. I have been resting my foot as much as possible (which means that I was NOT running), and although it was not a super speedy run, I did it! And I am still in once piece.
What have you felt grateful for this week?
Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss RootsPin It Now!